Friday, January 20, 2012

Let go!

How much time do we waste trying to get back what can never be regained? As I checked my e-mail this morning, there was an old magazine subscription my mother had and my e-mail address was used for it. They sent her a message that said "Catherine we want you back", I thought to myself, "why are you all talking to a dead woman?" The difference between me and the magazine company is, I know she is dead and they don't. 
What about you, do you spend your time talking to someone or something dead that can never respond? Sometimes we spend too much time on things of the past that can never come back and things that we really need to let go. Today make a decision to let go a dead client, dead friendships, loved ones, relationships, dead opportunities and dead things. Let go of some dead past issues and move on to something new! For as long as you hold onto the dead, you cant make room for and embrace the new and the living!
Remember the saying, 'let go and let God', what awesome words we need to keep before us.   We need to let God heal us of our past hurts and past losses. There are some things that only he can do, and if we refuse to let something go, we limit God in his ability to prepare us for a better future with more. What are you willing to let go of today, so that you will allow god to give you more? 
 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. Ps. 37:5

No comments:

Post a Comment