Monday, January 30, 2012

My Education: How God brought me up and sent me out

          It is quite obvious that I was led "OUT" of a cult by the holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit lead me when I was in the cult itself. Yes, God had Moses  in Egypt for an appointed time to bring him out just to send him back in. As I stated above, God has healed me and I do not have any bitterness or anger in my heart at all. To assume that someone is bitter because of his past bondage is to assume that Jesus was bitter because he was born under the oppression of the Roman Empire or that Jeremiah, Ezekiel and all the post and pr-exilic prophets were bitter because of there bondage and oppression in Babylon, and therefore the books they wrote were written out of such bitterness. It would not be wise to judge such men accordingly.  

          My Education goes far deeper than knowing the name of Jesus in Greek, Hebrew and English. My education is much deeper than knowing the etymology of words and the tetragrammaton. Education is not a biblical word nor is uneducated. but words like "wisdom", knowledge & understanding are. The word comes from Latin and it means: A breeding, a bringing up, a rearing it is also from a root word that means "to train". So education is God bringing us up out of something and training us for something greater. So according to the etymology of Education, I am very well educated. 

          But this I boast not. Neither do I boast in knowledge of how much I know but I thank God for his wisdom which is superior to just knowledge. Proverbs 8:12 says . I wisdom dwell with prudence... Prudence is "discretion" it is the ability to make proper discernment, judgements and decisions. It was wisdom through prudence that the holy Spirit led me. There are so many who Have head knowledge yet Lack wisdom & discernment. 

          It is not a matter of whether we have been deceived, but a question of where has our deception brought us to now. If we are full of the unrighteous fruit of anger and we lead by domination and control using manipulation, it is then our leadership and life is corrupted by our abusive past and we then become like the abuser that abused us. We are told not to seek gifts In 1 Cor, 14:12 but to seek the edifying of the church. We are also told 1 Corinthians 8:1 that knowledge puffs up but love edifies. God is not concerned with how much we know! He is concerned with how much we love and edify others. 

          If our knowledge is a worldly, prideful knowledge that we boast in, then we are no different from the highly educated atheist (and most of them are very educated) who deny there is a God, yet to them the scriptures says they are fools because they say there is no God (Psalm 53:1) So Education without the Holy spirit is basically useless and only leads to pride and foolishness. I count it all joy for the mess God brought me out of and most of all I'm thankful that he kept my heart and mind. Now I know a cult when i see one and i know a deceiver who handles the word of God deceitfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment